Anyone who has been through a renovation knows that the best part is being able to style your new space. Adding in a combination of old and new furniture pieces and home wares is enough to excite anyone. That is, unless you have no idea where to start, what colours you like, or what style you prefer. I’ve been following some great kids interior designers lately, and have come across their secret – mood boards. A mood board helps you to group together your design ideas so that you can get a feel for how your room will develop and look overall. They are a fantastic and easy way to ensure that your most loved items actually work together before you spend your hard earned cash.
Here are a few mood boards that I’ve loved of late…
Anything from Belinda @ Petite Vintage Interiors is just divine…
A beautiful sleep space, again from Petite Vintage Interiors…
And again, another beautiful pallette….
So I decided to give it a go and create my own mood board for Ella’s new room. There are apps you can purchase, but I used Keynote on my Mac to create the effect. It also has a great ‘alpha’ tool to erase the outline around each item and allow me to overlay they them in a collage. What do you think of the result?
Some of the above items include:
- Golden Days Gold Print from Oliver’s Twisty Tales at Down that Little Lane
- Felt Ball Woolen Rug (200cm in diameter) from Ebay
- Love sequinned cushion from Max & Me at Down that Little Lane
- Boston Pink Hat Rack from Salt & Pepper
- Letter Light from Love Struck Homewares at Down that Little Lane
- Rasberry Apples from Little Tinkers
- Polly King Single Bed from Incy Interiors
- Paper Tassel from Etsy
- Victorian Dolls House from Ebay
- Child’s Pink Peacock Chair from The Family Love Tree at Down that Little Lane
- Replica Anna Castelli Ferreri Side table from Matt Blatt
- Jolie Cushion from Lakeland Mini Design
- Silver Chevron Cushion from Etsy
- Cloud Coat Hangers from Lark Store
I hope you like my board as much as I do! It’s a great idea to get you inspired!
*Images are linked to their original source