Well today I’m feeling it. I’m not sure if it is meant to be this way, but it feels like we have taken one step forwards and five steps backwards. I guess that is normal. I’m hoping that this is all part of the plan and Ella will ‘click’ tomorrow. The cabin fever is getting to me a bit and you certainly have to keep your whits about you.
The lessons I’ve learned after day 2:
- You can’t really leave their side. It’s easier for them to come everywhere with you. Even to the toilet yourself.
- Keep the toilet door and light on. It’s incredibly frustrating trying to open the toilet door with a peeing toddler in your arms
- It makes sense to just take her to the toilet rather than using the potty. I’m hoping this will pay off in the long run.
- I’m finding it difficult to think of other words to use in my day apart from poos, wees and toilet
- The step ladder / seat is a great investment
- The stickers seem to be a draw card
- You will have lots of false alarms
- Eucalyptus is a great sanitiser, and smells great too
- I’ve put a bottle of hand sanitiser next to the basin, just to make sure that I’m clean too
So with day 3 looming, I’m hoping and praying that Ella will get it tomorrow. I know it’s not fool proof, but it has to be better than today. If I wasn’t pregnant, I would be sitting down to a rather large glass of wine right now….