Those of you who are fans of Instagram know that there is a band of talented, creative and passionate Mums who have started their own businesses. Many of you will know of, and have seen the amazing snaps that do the rounds, posted and reposted by people who are inspired by those who take a leap of faith and make, design, produce products that we all lust over. This series, Ella Loves Local, is dedicated toward suppoting those people…to help share the amazing love. It doesn’t get more lovely than Mooluu. Many of you will have seen Krista’s personalised tees, but you may not know the story behind the amazing woman who creates them. Using two simple fonts, she creates gorgeous tees for gorgeous kids. It’s often the simple ideas that take off, and this is certaibly one of them…
Here are our very own tees…
1. What inspired you to start Mooluu? My Sweet Alice was and still is my inspiration, like many businesses I started off while on maternity leave, Alice was only 3 months old when I took the plunge, opened a Facebook page and started taking orders. I really wanted to provide unique and special items for children that you wouldn’t find in shops. I feel like 5 years on I still provide that same vision!
2. How do you juggle business and family? hmmm good question… some days I juggle, some days I drop all the balls!! But, seriously..I really believe in putting my young family as my first priority so I only work at nights and while the children are at day care. I have to limit the number of orders I take on, but it’s really important for me to know my limitations… as I learnt the hard way! oops!
3. What has been your proudest moment so far? I would have to say my proudest (and most exciting and terrifying) moment was being approached by a retail store to stock my Mooluu + Millay collaboration dresses! It was right before christmas and a massive work load! I’m so happy and proud that I took the plunge, backed myself and took my business to the next level!
4. What has been your biggest challenge? My biggest challenge is the juggling, juggling business, family and friends, making sure I have enough time for all three and and sneaking in a little me time is a challenge too!
5. What is your advice to others wanting to start their own business? Make sure your business idea is doing something you love, if your working from home, around the children you will be doing late nights and long hours so you want to be doing something you really enjoy and that makes you happy!
6. Three words that describe Mooluu? Unique, special and custom.
7. What’s your favourite current product in your line? Definitely my favourite current product is my “whats your name?” tops, I love being able to provide custom made items for every child. It makes me happy!
8. Pay it forward to another local business.
Mooluu loves… Sienna+me, I am constantly inspired by Nicoles business vision and work ethics. Her products are amazing, She is very inspiring!
So if you haven’t already, pop over to Mooluu and check out her beautiful creations! You won’t know how to choose, there are so many beautiful things!